RPC CPAs + Consultants, LLP will no longer be accepting online credit card payments after March 15, 2019. Please call our Albuquerque office at 505-883-2727 or your local office and they will process your payment for you.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
RPC CPAs + Consultants, LLP (RPC) has merged with the nationally recognized accounting firm of Carr, Riggs & Ingram, LLC (CRI) and our offices will now operate under the name of Carr, Riggs & Ingram.
We will continue our tradition of community support and delivering quality audit, accounting, tax, and consulting services - now with enhanced service capabilities available from a regional firm that is one of the Top 20 firms in the U.S. For more informaiton regarding CRI's 50+ office locations, more than 1,800 professionals, or industry and service specializations, visit our new firm's website at www.CRIcpa.com.
1. Contact This Office – If your appointment is in the near future, you will be advised whether to keep the appointment or change it to another time. Generally, when a W-2 or 1099 are missing, it is best to keep the appointment so that everything else for the return can be completed. You can then mail the missing document to the office or drop it off at a later date. That way, your return can be finished as soon as the W-2 or 1099 is available, which will speed up your refund, if you are receiving one.
2. Contact Your Employer – Contact your employer to inquire if and when the W-2 was mailed. If it was mailed, it may have been returned to the employer due to an incorrect or incomplete address. After contacting the employer, allow a reasonable amount of time for the employer to resend or re-issue the W-2.
3. Contact the IRS – If you still have not received your W-2 by February 15, you can contact the IRS for assistance at 800-829-1040. However, we recommend that you hold off from contacting the IRS until you are certain that you will not be receiving a W-2 from the employer. If you do call the IRS, have the following information on hand:
4. File Your Return – Even if you don’t receive a W-2, you are still required to file your tax return or to request a filing extension by April 15.
If a substitute W-2 is used and it is later determined that the information used to prepare the substitute W-2 was in error, an amended return may need to be prepared for you to file with the IRS and state tax agency, if applicable.
Please call this office if you have questions or need assistance about missing W-2s, 1099s, or other tax documents.